Terms & Conditions
These conditions explain the rights, obligations, and responsibilities of all parties to this Agreement. Where we use the word ‘You’ or ‘Your’ it means the Customer: ‘We’, ‘Us’ or ‘Our’ means the JP Removal Services Ltd. These terms and conditions can be varied or amended subject to prior written agreement.
1. Our Quotation
Our quotation, unless otherwise stated, does not include insurance, cancellation/postponement waivers, customs duties, port charges including (but not limited to) demurrage, inspections, or any fees, or taxes payable to government bodies or agencies. Our Quotation is valid for twenty-eight days from the date of issue. Unless already included in Our Quotation, reasonable additional charges will apply in the following circumstances:
- We supply any additional services, including moving or storing extra goods.
- The entrance or exit to
the premises, stairs, lifts or doorways are inadequate for free movement of the
goods without mechanical equipment or structural alteration, or the approach,
road or drive is unsuitable for our vehicles and/or containers to load and/or
unload within 20 metres of the doorway.
- We have to pay parking
or other fees or charges (including fines where you have not arranged agreed
suspension of parking restrictions) in order to carry out services on Your
behalf. For the purpose of this Agreement parking fines for illegal parking,
caused by Our negligence, are not fees or charges and You are not responsible
for paying them.
- There are delays or events outside Our reasonable control which increase or extend the resources or time allowed to complete the agreed work.
2. Work not included in the quotation.
Unless agreed by us in writing, we will not:
- Dismantle or assemble furniture of any kind
- Disconnect, re-connect, dismantle or re-assemble appliances, fixtures, fittings or equipment.
- Take up or lay fitted floor coverings.
- Move items to or from a loft, unless
properly lit and floored and safe access is provided.
3. Your responsibility
It will be your responsibility to:
- Arrange adequate insurance cover for the goods submitted for removal transit and/or storage, against all insurable risks as Our liability is limited under clauses 8.1 and 8.2.
- Obtain at Your own expense, all documents, permits, permissions, licences, customs documents necessary for the removal to be completed.
- Pay for any parking or meter suspension charges incurred by Us in carrying out the work.
- Be present or represented throughout the collection and delivery of the removal.
- Where We provide You with inventories, receipts, waybills, job sheets or other relevant documents You will ensure that they are signed by You or Your authorised representative as confirmation of collection or delivery of the Goods.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that nothing that should be removed is left behind and nothing is taken away in error.
- Arrange proper protection for goods left in unoccupied or unattended premises, or where other people such as (but not limited to) tenants or workmen are, or will be present.
- Prepare adequately and stabilise all appliances or electronic equipment prior to their removal.
- Empty, properly defrost and clean refrigerators and deep freezers. We are not responsible for the contents.
- Ensure that all domestic and garden
appliances, including but not limited to washing machines, dish washers, hose
pipes, petrol lawn mowers are clean and dry and have no residual fluid left in
- Provide Us with a correct and up to date contact address and telephone number during removal transit and/or storage of goods.
- Arrange appropriate transport, storage or disposal of goods listed in clause 4.
- Other than by reason of Our negligence
or breach of contract, We will not be liable for any loss or damage, costs or
additional charges that may arise from failure to discharge these
4. Goods not to be
submitted for removal or storage.
- Unless previously agreed in writing by a director or other authorised company representative, the following items must not be submitted for removal or storage and will under no circumstances be moved or stored by Us. The items listed under 4.1.1 below may present risks to health and safety and of fire. Items listed under
- Points below carry other risks and You should make Your own arrangements for their transport and storage.
- Potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items, including gas bottles, aerosols, paints, firearms, fuels, oils, and ammunition.
- Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, mobile telephones, portable media and computing devices, stamps, coins, or goods or collections of any similar kind.
- Goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infestation or contamination.
- We shall notify you in writing as soon as practicable if any of the Goods, are in our opinion hazardous to health, dirty or unhygienic or likely to attract vermin or pests and under what conditions we would be prepared to accept such Goods or whether we refuse to accept them. Should we refuse to accept the goods We will have no liability to You.
- Perishable items and/or those requiring a controlled environment.
- Any animals, birds, fish, reptiles or plants.
- Goods which require special licence or government permission for export or import.
- Under no circumstances will Prohibited or stolen goods, drugs or pornographic material be moved or stored by Us.
- If You submit such goods without Our
knowledge, we will make them available for Your collection and if You do not
collect them within a reasonable time. We may apply for a court order to
dispose of any such goods found in the consignment. You agree to pay Us any
charges, expenses, damages, legal costs or penalties reasonably incurred by Us
in disposing of the goods.
5. Ownership of the goods
- By entering into this Agreement, you guarantee that:
- The goods to be removed and/or stored are Your own property, or the goods are Your property free of any legal charge; or
- You have the full authority of the owner or anyone having a legal interest in them to enter into this Agreement and You have made the owner fully aware of these terms and conditions prior to entering into this Agreement and that they have agreed to them.
- If at any time following the implementation of this agreement to its termination another person has or obtains an interest in the goods You will advise Us of their name and address in writing immediately.
- You will provide a full indemnity and
pay Us in respect of any claim for damages and/or costs brought against Us if
either statement made above is untrue.
- Unless otherwise agreed by Us in writing, payment is required in full by cleared funds immediately upon acceptance of the contract.
- Payment will be taken from the debit/credit card details supplied to secure the booking. We do not accept cheques.
- For all hourly removals the minimum hourly payment required to confirm the booking will be taken the week prior to commencement of the removals with the outstanding balance taken the day after completion of the removal. You may not withhold any part of the agreed price. Payment is due on receipt of invoice.
- All discussions regarding payment must be with an authorised representative of the Company and not with the Staff carrying out the removal or storage.
- VAT will be added to the cost of the removals or storage at the prevailing rate.
- We reserve the right to set off any
charges which might otherwise be due to you, any sums due to us from you in
relation to the contract or any other contract between you and us.
7. Our liability for loss or damage
- We do not know the value of Your goods therefore We limit Our liability to a fixed limit per item. The amount of liability We accept under this agreement is reflected in Our charges for the work. If You wish Us to increase Our limit of liability per item You agree to pay a higher price for the work as stated in Our Quotation.
- We do not accept liability for goods confiscated, seized, removed or damaged by Customs Authorities or other Government Agencies unless such confiscation, seizure, removal or damage arose directly as a result of Our negligence or breach of contract.
- For the purposes of this Agreement an item is defined as:
The entire contents of a box, parcel, package, carton, or similar
Any other object or thing that is moved, handled or stored by us.
8. Damage to premises or property other than goods
Because third party contractors or others are frequently present at the time of collection or delivery it is not always possible to establish who was responsible for loss or damage. therefore, Our liability is limited as follows:
- If we cause loss or damage to premises or property other than goods for removal as a result of our negligence or breach of contract, our liability shall be limited to making good the damaged area only.
- If We cause damage as a result of moving goods under Your express instruction, against our advice, and where moving the goods in the manner instructed is likely to cause damage, We shall not be liable
- If We are responsible for causing damage to Your premises or to property
other than goods submitted for removal and/or storage, you must note this on
the worksheet or delivery receipt as soon as practically possible after the
damage occurs or is discovered or in any event within a reasonable time. This
is fundamental to the Agreement.
9. Exclusions of liability
- We shall not be liable for loss or damage caused by fire or explosion, unless we have been negligent or in breach of contract. It is Your responsibility to insure Your Goods. If You ask Us in writing to arrange insurance cover for You, We will, provided You declare the full replacement value of Your Goods and pay the premium in advance.
- We will not be liable for any loss of, damage to, or failure to produce the following goods:
- Bonds, Securities, Stamps of all kinds, Manuscripts or other Documents or Electronically held Data Records, Mobile Telephones.
- Plants or goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infestation or contamination
- Perishable items and/or those requiring a controlled environment.
- Furs exceeding £100 in value, Jewellery, Watches, Precious Stone sand Metals, Money, Coins, Deeds
- Any animals, birds or fish.
- We shall not be liable for delays or failures to provide the services under this Agreement as a result of: · War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, terrorism, rebellion and/or military coup, Act of God, adverse weather, third party industrial action, re-scheduled sailing, departure or arrival times, port congestion, or other such events outside our reasonable control.
- Loss or damage arising from Chemical, Biological, Bio-chemical,
Radioactive, Electromagnetic activity and or weapons and Cyber Attack.
Other than as a result of Our negligence or breach of contract We will not be liable for any loss, damage or failure to produce the goods as a result of:
- Normal wear and tear, natural or gradual deterioration, leakage or evaporation or from perishable or unstable goods. This includes goods left within furniture or appliances.
- Moth or vermin or similar infestation.
- Cleaning, repairing or restoring unless We arranged for the work to be carried out.
- Changes caused by atmospheric conditions such as dampness, mould,
mildew, rusting, tarnishing, corrosion, or gradual deterioration unless
directly linked to ingress of water.
- For any goods in wardrobes, drawers or appliances, or in a package, bundle, carton, case or other container not both packed and unpacked by Us.
- Loss of or damage to china, glassware and fragile items unless they have been both professionally packed and unpacked by us or our Subcontractor. In the event of an accident involving an owner packed container where damage would have occurred irrespective of the quality of the packing, then our liability is limited to £100 or its actual value whichever is less.
- For electrical or mechanical derangement to any appliance, instrument, clock, computer or other equipment unless there is evidence of related external damage.
- Loss or damage of motor vehicles caused by scratching, denting and marring unless you obtain from us a pre-collection condition report.
- For any goods which have a pre-existing defect or are inherently defective.
- For perishable items and/or those requiring a controlled environment.
- Loss of structural integrity of furniture constructed of particle board resulting from crumbling of the board.
- No employee of Ours shall be separately liable to you for any loss,
damage, mis- delivery, errors or omissions under the terms of this Agreement.
· Where goods are handed out from store Our liability will cease upon
handing over the goods to You or Your authorised representative (see Clause
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by Us or Our employees or agents in circumstances where:
- (a) there is no breach of this Agreement by Us or by any of Our employees or agents.
(b) such loss or
damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach.
10. Time limit for claims
- If You or Your authorised representative collect the goods, We must be notified in writing of any loss or damage at the time the goods are handed to You or Your agent or as soon as practically possible.
- We will not be liable for any loss of or damage to the goods unless a
claim is notified to us, or to our agent or the company carrying out the
collection or delivery of the goods on our behalf. This must be in writing as
soon as such loss or damage is discovered (or with reasonable diligence ought
to have been discovered) and in any event in detail within seven (7) days of
delivery of the goods, in order to properly investigate the claim. We may agree
to extend this time limit upon receipt of Your written request provided such
request is received within seven (7) days of delivery. Consent to such a
request will not be unreasonably withheld.
11. Route and method
- We have the right to choose the method and route by which to carry out the work and the location in respect of storage.
- Unless it has been
specifically agreed otherwise in writing in our Quotation, other
space/volume/capacity on Our vehicles and/or the container may be utilised
for consignments of other customers.